Luggage Care Tips
Here at Luggage Base we want to provide you with every possible advantage you could have to keep your bags looking great trip after trip. Below are a few tips for making sure your bag looks and functions like it's brand new. Thanks for choosing Luggage Base, Keep your bag looking great and Travel Safe!
Tips for long lasting luggage
- Never leave the zipper pulls at the corner of the suitcase. Always leave the zippers in the middle, more blows are absorbed into the corners than any other part of the bag. This can cause the zippers to rupture and open. Always keep the zippers in the center, your zippers will thank you.
- Avoid dragging luggage up and down stairs; the wheels were meant to be rolled, bouncing them on stairs can cause irreplaceable damage.
- Never pick up the bag by the adjustable handle. Instead use the top carry handle and be sure that the adjustable handle never breaks or bends.
- Some airports provide passengers with protective plastic covers that will cover luggage for a nominal fee. This is a great investment to protect your luggage from scratches, scuffs, and minor damage.
- Keep a copy of your luggage lock combinations in a safe place, never inside the locked suitcase
- Be sure to check the label on cleaning solutions, never use ballistic nylon cleaner on leather or vice versa.
- Do not assume the wheels are made to go off road, the in line wheels work best on carpet and in indoor conditions